I am in a period where I do coach conversations with promising junior golfers in the district of Stockholm. Although each meeting is different, there are some main points. I try to base the discussion in measurable data, and compare those facts with the players beliefs. We discuss goals, plans, training and tournament play, synergies between school-club-home etcetera. The goal is to get one to three key points to focus on that will make the biggest difference to the players success.
Working with SGDF (district of Stockholms top juniors) together with Martin Pettersson. The photo below shows a match play situation with players hitting their own balls from different slopes to pin on to a real green. Every shot counts in this tournament inspired training. We also integrated bump-and-run or carry green as trump in the match play. Great focus from all players!
Just arrived home from RIG Ljungbyhed. Worked with coach Hans Larsson, Camilla Bryngelsson and Lars Hägglund with biomechanical retests on their Swedish top high school players. It is great to see how many students that have improved! In the picture from left to right: Me, player, Hans and Lars.
It is now time to sign up for a TrackMan and SwGT education about impact and ball flight. If you want to come, then DO NOT WAIT as it became full for all days last year. You do not need a TrackMan rada to come!
Österåker GK, Stockholm, Sweden
Level I: June 27th 2013
Level II: June 28th 2013
PGA National, Bara, Sweden
Level I: October 1st 2013
Level II: October 2nd 2013
The agenda covers the curriculum for TrackMan University Level 1 and Level 2 plus extra information:
- TrackMan’s ten fundamentals.
• Secrets of the straight shot.
• The “new” ball flight laws. D-plane theory and practice, see also SGFs book ”Mot lägre scorer” (2006).
• World-class players club delivery and ball flight data.
• B-plane theory and practice. Link ball flight and club delivery adjustments to technical changes.
• The SwGT need profile and TrackMan Combine. How do you measure up against world-class players?
• Fredrik Tuxen, TrackMan inventor, co-founder, radar engineer and world-class expert of club delivery and ball flight analysis.
• Ronnie Lindeskov, PGA Club Professional, Area Manager Nordic, Lecturer and certified TrackMan Master.
• Dr. John Hellström, Head of SwGT R&D, PGA Club Professional, founder of GolfPyramid.com, and the world’s
first certified TrackMan master.
Photo: Karin Klarström
I am in Almerimar, Spain, this week working for Swedish Golf on their ”Super Camp”. It was rainy on Tuesday and we had to take cover in my ”office” to check the club delivery and ball flight data in this picture.
However, today is another day and it is now sunny and calm. Read more at Svensk Golf: http://www.golf.se/Spela/Nyheter/De-far-lara-sig-av-tranareliten/